Forum for Volunteer Administrators (FVA) & United Way present:
Monthly Lunch & Learns for Volunteer Coordinators, Supervisors, & Administrators
First Thursday of Every Month, Noon, Wayne County Public Library-Wooster Branch; Bring your own lunch.
2018 Bridges Out of Poverty Workshop
Bridges out of Poverty is a framework for understanding different socioeconomic status.
This workshop explores poverty, middle class, and wealth and the various facets that define them.
Positively impact the people you serve. The workshop covers the following objectives:
- Explore the concrete experience of living in generational poverty.
- Create mental models of poverty, the middle class, and wealth.
- Understand the causes of poverty and build resources.
- Establish what is needed to build a sustainable community...and more!
Workshop is held at First Presbyterian Church of Wooster, 621 College Avenue, Wooster, OH 44691
Workshop cost this year is: $50
If you are bringing more than 40 attendees, call us. We offer reduced rates!
Wednesday, December 12, 2018
9AM-4PM, First Presbyterian Church, Wooster
Save the Date: MLK Day of Service is January 21, 2019
AM Shift: 10:30am-12:00pm
PM Shift: 1:45pm-3:15pm
Some statistics from MLK 2018:
- 1,926 healthy snack items were donated by The College of Wooster to be donated to local schools and agencies. The total in-kind monetary contribution of these items totaled $2,539.72.
- 2,500 hygiene kits were assembled by The College of Wooster to be donated to local homeless shelters and health clinics.
- 32 security blankets were created at The College of Wooster and given to Salvation Army Wooster Corps.
- 575 volunteers at 31 volunteer opportunities were created in the community and on The College of Wooster campus to support community efforts.
- 14 local partners participated in MLK Day of Service to provide volunteer opportunities.
2019 Heart & Sole Race to Reduce Poverty - Save the Date
Saturday, August 17, 2019