2017 Bridges Out of Poverty Workshops
Positively impact the lives of individuals in poverty.
All workshops are held at First Presbyterian Church of Wooster, 621 College Avenue, Wooster, OH 44691
Continuing education credits available. Lunch included. The same workshop will be provided the following dates:
- November 9 (9-4)
Thank you to Wayne County Bar Association for being our signature partner on this workshop series.
2017 Heart & Sole Race to Reduce Poverty
Ambassador Training for Workplace Campaigns
Tuesday, August 29, 2017 9am-1pm
Boys and Girls Club, Edgewood Middle School
Save the Date! MLK Day of Service is January 15, 2018
AM Shift: 10:30am-12:00pm
PM Shift: 1:45pm-3:15pm
Sign up for projects on Get Connected.
Some statistics from MLK 2017:
- 2,280 healthy snack items were donated by The College of Wooster to be donated to local schools and agencies.
- 3,000 hygiene kits were assembled by The College of Wooster to be donated to local homeless shelters and health clinics.
- 108 security blankets were created through Project Linus at The College of Wooster.
- 800 art boxes were assembled for O'Huddle students at The College of Wooster.
- 740+ volunteers at 31 volunteer opportunities were created in the community and on The College of Wooster campus to support community efforts.
- 18 local partners participated in MLK Day of Service to provide volunteer opportunities.
Thank you to Brookdale Wooster, Danbury Woods, Friendtique, Habitat for Humanity, Holly House, Learn N Play, Local Roots, O'Huddle, OneEighty, People to People Ministries,
Project Linus, Wooster Salvation Army, Viola Startzman Clinic, Wee Care Center, Wooster Community Hospital, and Wooster YMCA for hosting volunteer projects!
If you'd like to provide volunteer opportunities for 2018 MLK Day, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Will You Do to Live United?